Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Finish!

Hi there cloud friends.  It has been a while since I posted but I wanted to finish" For Thine Is the Trick or Treat " before I posted again.  This has been such a fun chart to stitch.  I needed a break form houses and samplers and this gave it to me.  Now I'm ready to go back to those designs.  In fact, I started "Bittersweet September" by BBD last night. This design is from the Ladies Prim Society.  I also plan to do another Halloween design for my grandson.  If you have followed my blog for awhile, you might remember that I do a design for him each Halloween. He is ten now so he has quite a collection.  I think I will do one of the Prairie Schooler designs.  I feel so bad that they are retiring, but can understand why they are ready for it..
It is hot and nasty again.  However, I think I am just getting used to it.  Every time I think we are done with this weather, it comes creeping back!! Still no significant rain since early June.  They are starting to put water use restrictions in play.  Personally, I think that should have been done earlier.  Oh well, my stitching brain is already in the Fall!

 My fabric is Lakeside Linen Vintage Sand Dune.  It is prettier than it shows in the photo. It is darker and more vintage looking. 

  Just a quick look at the garden.  I love this combination.

The dahlias are loving the sun! I do have to keep them watered.

Thanks so much for joining me today!


25 comments:

  1. Yay, Barb! Thine looks great! Your flowers look like they're holding up well in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the finish is fantastic! Sorry you are still having that terrible weather! Flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great motifs. I love how the skulls glow against the darker fabric. Very pretty dahlias and lilies. We have heat and smoke from forest fires to the south...hot, humid, hazy and smoky. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sampler... love all the different motifs! Your flowers are gorgeous. I meant to plant some dahlias but forget... definitely next summer. happy stitching-

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful finish.So much to look at,I love it.
    Gorgeous flowers ,too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great finish! and I love your flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thine turned out so cool.
    Love your color choices, and great fabric choice too.
    The flowers are still pretty.
    Those dahlias are so perfect, aren't they?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting your Quaker Halloween piece finished! I like the pops of color you added to it. Which orange did you use? Your flowers are lovely!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic finish, Barb!! And, such pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that halloween sampler, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Halloween Sampler and the garden flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic finish, Barb--and it looks like it was such fun to stitch!

    We have your dry weather now--hardly any rain in over a month. Our lawns are getting mighty crispy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW! I love that stiching - I also found it on pinterest done in all black. I like yours better with color. Your flowers look so lush! Our dahlias keep blooming and I keep watering! We are into another heat wave. I am waiting for cooler, proper Autumn weather!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the lovely finish!! Your flowers are beautiful!:)
    Weather pattern is weird all over the world. I think after few years, we may have to come up with a new season-month mapping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barb, what a great finish - I love this design, such a shame it is OOP now. You should see the price it is commanding on Etsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on a fab finish! Always feels good to put those last stitches in. Sorry about your weather. Ours has finally become bearable again and I am really looking forward to fall, and some fall stitching! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love that piece - one of these days I'm going to tackle one that size! Right now I only do small things. But as I get better I'll move up. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your finish! Well done! Summer heat surely wilts me too! Today is better... less humidity! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The flowers are beautiful! Hopefully they are enjoying a little wet weather.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous finish Barb ! Beautiful flowers! Hope it cools off!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow, what a finish. It looks so so good. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Trick and Treat looks great with the colour splashes. I'm tempted to stitch it again LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your stargazer lilies and the dahlias! Very pretty. What a fun Halloween stitch too. Love the idea of doing a Halloween project each year for your grandson!

    ReplyDelete